- For each column, starting from the bottom, find the uppermost square which describes your current abilities. By this we mean behaviour that you exhibit confidently whenever it is required. To mark a square as your current ability it must be totally true in all respects and evidenced in any relevant meeting. Do not be concerned if your boxes across the columns sit at different levels
- For each column, look above the cell you have marked, and identify the abilities which you would like to exhibit consistently, and mark this as the desired position. Once again, this can be at a different level for each column. It can also be the cell you have marked as your current position.
- Consider how a coach might challenge you on some of your answers, and adjust them accordingly. This is not a competition, it is simply a tool to help you think through what you want. If it is only a small thing that holds you down a row, that is an easy thing to fix and therefore a quick win in making visible progress on the chart. Equally, if they would challenge you with good reasons to adopt higher aspirations, please take that advice. Please be honest with yourself.
- The gap between the current and the desired cells represents the improvements you need to make. It is now simply a matter of scheduling them in.
- There is no ceiling to continue to grow and develop (but there may be economics that make it impractical or undesirable (where you progress is your own choice, but it is better not to deny that choice by ignoring its existence)
- We may not be able to see or appreciate the true potential available until we have climbed a bit further up the ladder.
Please subscribe to access clinic content
Subscription to the Inspirometer Information Service is free of charge and grants you instant access to a wealth of meeting effectiveness resources and guidance. It also provides you with regular updates direct to your mailbox at a frequency of your choosing.
I am happy to consent to the Inspirometer cookies and Terms and Conditions
■ We will not use your information for any other purpose than to keep you informed of developments in meeting effectiveness and the Inspirometer system, and we will not share your information with others.
■ You are able to unsubscribe from this service at any time. Each email you receive from us will contain a link where you can reset your preferences for all future emails, or unsubscribe for the service entirely.
■ We will contact you on a minimum of a quarterly basis to ensure that our service is continuing to meet your needs, to give you a general update on key developments in our service, and to provide you with the option to change your contact preferences
■ We will hold your data on file to enable your access to the Information Service until such time as you unsubscribe from the service
■ All information provided by us is provided in good faith. All information submitted by you is to be provided in good faith.
■ In compliance with the GDPR 2018, you acknowledge that clicking the subscribe button grants us your consent to hold the data you have provided, and to contact you using that data, in the manner described above.