- They are amazing helpful in laying out your thinking on what you want to achieve and how. They literally help you to design.
- If you are working with others to deliver a meeting, they are great at helping to clarify expectations and responsibilities
- They enable you to follow different paths as opportunities arise within the meeting, knowing that you have a clear structure to fall back on.
- Begin with the Item title for each activity
- Then lay out clearly what you intend to achieve by each in the Objective column (QFD for meetings can help you to define this).
- Use the process column to draft your ideas on how the objective can best be achieved. Try and make your activities as interactive as practical.
- Consider how long will be required for each process step and write these in the duration (‘Durn.’) column. Add up the times to ensure they will fit, and adjust the process if required.
- Put in the Time that each item will start, and schedule breaks for every block of around 2 hours (or less, if your activities are not sufficiently participative).
- Consider the inputs you will require to make sure each section will work, and write these in the Inputs column. This forms a useful checklist for what you need to prepare/take.
- Clarify the outputs from each activity in the Outputs column. Think through how the outputs will be handled and taken forward. Some may form inputs to other activities.
Please subscribe to access clinic content
Subscription to the Inspirometer Information Service is free of charge and grants you instant access to a wealth of meeting effectiveness resources and guidance. It also provides you with regular updates direct to your mailbox at a frequency of your choosing.
I am happy to consent to the Inspirometer cookies and Terms and Conditions
■ We will not use your information for any other purpose than to keep you informed of developments in meeting effectiveness and the Inspirometer system, and we will not share your information with others.
■ You are able to unsubscribe from this service at any time. Each email you receive from us will contain a link where you can reset your preferences for all future emails, or unsubscribe for the service entirely.
■ We will contact you on a minimum of a quarterly basis to ensure that our service is continuing to meet your needs, to give you a general update on key developments in our service, and to provide you with the option to change your contact preferences
■ We will hold your data on file to enable your access to the Information Service until such time as you unsubscribe from the service
■ All information provided by us is provided in good faith. All information submitted by you is to be provided in good faith.
■ In compliance with the GDPR 2018, you acknowledge that clicking the subscribe button grants us your consent to hold the data you have provided, and to contact you using that data, in the manner described above.