- I will accept it if X happens?
- I will support somebody else doing X if I am called upon?
- I will do A, B, and C in support of X, providing I can fit it in with my other priorities?
- I will delay my other work to do A, B, and C in support of X, providing there are no hiccups or problems?
- I am determined to ensure that I do A, B, and C, and will address any problems that occur?
- I will ensure A, B, and C happen, and go as far as D if it is needed for X to be implemented?
- A, B, and C are taken for granted, and I will take personal responsibility, no matter what, for ensuring X is implemented successfully?
- People believe the conclusion is the right conclusion; and this normally means that they believe their own concerns, issues and ideas have been heard and properly addressed by what has emerged
- People have a clear picture of what they need to do in support of the conclusion, and the true implications of success, failure, and/or delay (including for them personally)
- People are confident that their abilities and resources are sufficient to ensure success in their part of the project, and that areas of risk have been addressed
- People are confident that the other parts of the project will take place as planned, and that their colleagues are also sufficiently committed to it; and this means that those colleagues’ concerns, issues and ideas have been heard and properly addressed by what has emerged
- There is a sense of ‘team’ in what is about to take place, and an unwillingness to let the other members of that team down.
- Heave a sigh of relief?
- Use all your effort and creativity to overcome it?
Please subscribe to access clinic content
Subscription to the Inspirometer Information Service is free of charge and grants you instant access to a wealth of meeting effectiveness resources and guidance. It also provides you with regular updates direct to your mailbox at a frequency of your choosing.
I am happy to consent to the Inspirometer cookies and Terms and Conditions
■ We will not use your information for any other purpose than to keep you informed of developments in meeting effectiveness and the Inspirometer system, and we will not share your information with others.
■ You are able to unsubscribe from this service at any time. Each email you receive from us will contain a link where you can reset your preferences for all future emails, or unsubscribe for the service entirely.
■ We will contact you on a minimum of a quarterly basis to ensure that our service is continuing to meet your needs, to give you a general update on key developments in our service, and to provide you with the option to change your contact preferences
■ We will hold your data on file to enable your access to the Information Service until such time as you unsubscribe from the service
■ All information provided by us is provided in good faith. All information submitted by you is to be provided in good faith.
■ In compliance with the GDPR 2018, you acknowledge that clicking the subscribe button grants us your consent to hold the data you have provided, and to contact you using that data, in the manner described above.