- SWOT Analysis : Enables people to gain an overview of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats within a situation.
- Hopes & Concerns : Provides an opportunity to voice the emotional cues that pertain to the risks and opportunities in a situation.
- Card Sort : Enables people to highlight and sequence ideas, concerns, strategies, issues that relate to the problem or the solution.
- 6 Thinking Hats : Provides a structured way for a group of people to articulate all of the factors pertaining to a situation.
- Cause and Effect Fishbone (Ishikawa) : Enables people to rigorously explore the contributing factors and causes of a problem.
- Kipling List : Provide a 6 point checklist which is useful for rigorous planning of action, or reviewing where such action went wrong.
- Affinity Diagram : A suprisingly effective means for engaging a group of people in grouping a large set of ideas or perspectives.
- Creativity Tools : A set of tools which push people outside of establish thinking patterns to take new perspectives on a situation.
- Matrix Diagram : A useful tool for understanding and planning the relationships between two things: e.g. objectives & actions.
- Clothesline : A tool for building consensus and insight around setting a target or aspiration for what is to be achieved.
- Impact/Ease Grid : A simple means for helping to prioritise a set of alternative actions/solutions based on likely effort & outcomes.
- Force-Field Analysis : A tool for exploring people’s motivations both for current behaviour, and for adopting new behaviours.
- Planning Chart : A tool for laying out all of the actions that need to take place, and for scheduling a timetable around them.
- WWW/AFI (Meeting) Review : A tool for reviewing the effectiveness of one meeting with the intention of improving others.
- Brainstorming : A tool for generating a large volume of ideas or perspectives quickly. Can be structured to improve quality.
Please subscribe to access clinic content
Subscription to the Inspirometer Information Service is free of charge and grants you instant access to a wealth of meeting effectiveness resources and guidance. It also provides you with regular updates direct to your mailbox at a frequency of your choosing.
I am happy to consent to the Inspirometer cookies and Terms and Conditions
■ We will not use your information for any other purpose than to keep you informed of developments in meeting effectiveness and the Inspirometer system, and we will not share your information with others.
■ You are able to unsubscribe from this service at any time. Each email you receive from us will contain a link where you can reset your preferences for all future emails, or unsubscribe for the service entirely.
■ We will contact you on a minimum of a quarterly basis to ensure that our service is continuing to meet your needs, to give you a general update on key developments in our service, and to provide you with the option to change your contact preferences
■ We will hold your data on file to enable your access to the Information Service until such time as you unsubscribe from the service
■ All information provided by us is provided in good faith. All information submitted by you is to be provided in good faith.
■ In compliance with the GDPR 2018, you acknowledge that clicking the subscribe button grants us your consent to hold the data you have provided, and to contact you using that data, in the manner described above.