- If it is clear that only a few people are participating and the rest are simply ‘letting them do it’, ask everybody individually to write down two things that went well and two things they would like to see improved – then wait until everyone has written something before you ask them for items for your list. You will find the result is much more balanced and free-flowing.
- If you feel that the list contains a number of things that most people don’t agree with, offer people two green dots each to stick beside the items they personally feel are the most important to take forward, and one red dot if there is anything they feel should not be up there.
The iFrame version of the tool recreates the flipchart as a web-based template onto which everybody can annotate their reflections and ideas in a very short space of time. Variations of the tool include:
- the option to stick up the inputs on post-it notes
- reserving a section at the bottom of the flipchart to record one or two agreed changes to be adopted at the next meeting
- using sticky dots to prioritise the items raised (or even to dispute some of them)
Please subscribe to access clinic content
Subscription to the Inspirometer Information Service is free of charge and grants you instant access to a wealth of meeting effectiveness resources and guidance. It also provides you with regular updates direct to your mailbox at a frequency of your choosing.
I am happy to consent to the Inspirometer cookies and Terms and Conditions
■ We will not use your information for any other purpose than to keep you informed of developments in meeting effectiveness and the Inspirometer system, and we will not share your information with others.
■ You are able to unsubscribe from this service at any time. Each email you receive from us will contain a link where you can reset your preferences for all future emails, or unsubscribe for the service entirely.
■ We will contact you on a minimum of a quarterly basis to ensure that our service is continuing to meet your needs, to give you a general update on key developments in our service, and to provide you with the option to change your contact preferences
■ We will hold your data on file to enable your access to the Information Service until such time as you unsubscribe from the service
■ All information provided by us is provided in good faith. All information submitted by you is to be provided in good faith.
■ In compliance with the GDPR 2018, you acknowledge that clicking the subscribe button grants us your consent to hold the data you have provided, and to contact you using that data, in the manner described above.