- Inspiring people’s commitment and aspirations to seek to develop their potential to make a difference within the organisation
- Providing people with insight and understanding into the logical framework by which the organisation functions
- Modelling a logical and methodical process for making good decisions in a way that people can replicate for themselves
- Building confidence in people for making practical, constructive, and (when required) creative contributions
- Educating and familiarising people with a set of good influencing and communication behaviours
- Stretching people into new challenges which are suited to their current stage of development.
- Frustrate, build resentment and demotivate people
- Create an impression of the organisation and the way it functions as a ‘black art’, only accessible through ex-perienced intuition
- Obfuscate the decision making process, either as another impenetrable aspect of that ‘black art’, or as something that is the preserve of ‘seniors’, or as an irrational step of faith
- Discourage contributions and all forms of creativity
- Model political and/or autocratic means of achieving a particular outcome as the only viable way
- Limit people’s development only to what they currently do or to official ‘training’.
- Model constructive ways to bring about change and motivate and enthuse people to engage with all such opportunities
- Illustrate and explain the intrinsic workings of the business in a way that brings deeper understanding and respect
- Educate people in effective and methodical practices for effectively fulfilling their responsibilities
- Draw out people’s ideas and insights, and value them in a way which develops this insight and encourages them to contribute more…
- …and to contribute in a way which also brings out the best in others
- Place upon them temporary responsibilities (both in and out-side the meeting) which reinforces their learning in all of the above.
Please subscribe to access clinic content
Subscription to the Inspirometer Information Service is free of charge and grants you instant access to a wealth of meeting effectiveness resources and guidance. It also provides you with regular updates direct to your mailbox at a frequency of your choosing.
I am happy to consent to the Inspirometer cookies and Terms and Conditions
■ We will not use your information for any other purpose than to keep you informed of developments in meeting effectiveness and the Inspirometer system, and we will not share your information with others.
■ You are able to unsubscribe from this service at any time. Each email you receive from us will contain a link where you can reset your preferences for all future emails, or unsubscribe for the service entirely.
■ We will contact you on a minimum of a quarterly basis to ensure that our service is continuing to meet your needs, to give you a general update on key developments in our service, and to provide you with the option to change your contact preferences
■ We will hold your data on file to enable your access to the Information Service until such time as you unsubscribe from the service
■ All information provided by us is provided in good faith. All information submitted by you is to be provided in good faith.
■ In compliance with the GDPR 2018, you acknowledge that clicking the subscribe button grants us your consent to hold the data you have provided, and to contact you using that data, in the manner described above.