End of meeting feedback
- Your feedback is NOT an evaluation of you! It is simply a reflection of ‘how people feel’ as a result of these interactions.
- ‘How people feel’ is a result of a number of factors, many of which may be outside of your control
- However, it is important for you to know ‘how they feel’ since this will affect what they do (or don’t do) as a result, and may affect your intended outcomes
- Furthermore, while you may not control all the factors which affect ‘how people feel’, you are probably well positioned to help facilitate their improvement
In-meeting feedback ...
text string ‘Objective:’ Inspirometer captures everything to the end of the line.
... Agenda Feedback
... Participation Feedback
- Feedback should be an objective reflection of the outcome for you
- Feedback should come from an attitude of humility, not any sense of superiority
- Feedback should be given in a form that can be used by the recipient to help them improve or to encourage their progress
- Feedback which may be seen as critical should include some form of comment to aid understanding
- Feedback, overall, should be balanced. We should be wary of ourselves if we find that the feedback we give is predominantly negative
- Feedback should never be given while your emotions could affect your ability to ensure the foregoing. I.e. not when you are angry.
... Qualities Feedback
- Efficient use of time and/or resources
- Commitment of attendees to the outcomes
- Involvement in discussion, level of listening
- Quality of meeting facilities and support
- Use of tools & techniques to support debate
- Extent of creatively exploring options
- Quality and extent of facilitation/leadership
- Progress made as a result of meeting
- Attendance/participation of the right people
- Clarity of purpose & process for the meeting
... In-meeting Results
Looking at the results
The Inspirometer App is a free and freely available tool that lets anyone (whether or not they have an Inspirometer Account) engage with meeting feedback.
Users register their email address with the App (and set a password for security) and Inspirometer automatically synchronises the App with any feedback-enabled meetings to which they have been invited. Once installed, feedback is as simple as opening the app and clicking on the faces.
To load the App on your own mobile device, simply go to the relevant store, and then select to install it.
The App provides easy access to provide and receive feedback for all participants in a meeting.